Deafgard is a portable device which alerts people in an emergency. Designed for the hard of hearing, Deafgard has a vibration pad and flashing light which wakes people up on the sound of the alarm.
- Gives deaf and hard of hearing people independence and peace of mind
- Portable and light so you can take it wherever you need it
- Wire-free, avoids complicated wiring
- Reduced running costs over hardwired alternative
- Works with your existing fire alarm
- Alarm clock function
How Deafgard Works
Deafgard’s vibration pad is placed underneath a pillow or mattress.
If the fire alarm sounds the pad vibrates, powerful lights on the Deafgard flash and the screen displays “FIRE”’.
- Overall height: 115mm
- Main casing height: 55mm
- Width: 165mm
- Depth: 125mm
- Packed kit weight: 980g
- Product only (including batteries): 830g
- Casing: ABS plastic
- Power: 4 x 1.5v C size alkaline batteries (do not use rechargeable batteries)
- Expected battery life: 12 months
- Trigger: All fire alarms compliant within Europe and Internationally
Deafgard Overview Video
Deafgard is CE marked and tested to all applicable British and European standards such as EN 61000-6-1:2001
Note: Not suitable with voice alarms